Friday, March 11, 2016

Fenway and Hattie

Yesterday morning I was checking my Twitter and what do you know, Victoria Coe messaged me saying she was in Manhattan for the day and did I want to have coffee!

The world woks in interesting ways.  My friend Jan says that "Whatever is for you doesn't pass you by."  I believe it.

Victoria and I had such a lovely conversation about writing, teaching and kids...oh and dogs, of course!  So powerful to hear about her process in writing this amazing book.

Some of the big take aways for me:

  • Writing is hard.
  • Writing takes a ton of revision.
  • Writing takes writing.  
  • We are all people learning and growing.
Thank you, Victoria!

2 comments:

  1. It was such a huge pleasure to hang out with you, Susie, & chat about writing! (And reading!) Let's do it again sometime! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Victoria, just got your message on Twitter. I will look at my calendar and get back to you. :)

    ReplyDelete